Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Disney Fund Update

Wow!  Janaury was a great month on Ebay for me.  By far the best month I've ever had.  Sales were steady, getting at least one sale a day most days.  My best selling items were toys.  It always amazes me what some parents will pay for used toys. 
I kicked off the fund with a $375 deposit.  My goal is to deposit $363 monthly to have 4k by November 1st.  This month I was able to bring the fund up to $900.  With all of my sales this month, I paid my Ebay fees, for all my inventory (aka Goodwill trips) and put $100 towards some work done around our house.

How was your month?  Are you working towards any goals this year?

3 comments:

busy little bee said...

You are doing REALLY good! You almost earned 1/4 of your goal, in the first month!

I'm doing something new here. I am selling stuff on craigslist for some friends of mine. I take pictures,list the items and store the items here, then deal with the buyers. I get 25 percent. In the last two days I have sold $178 worth of stuff. Earning me about $40ish. My girls have never been to the beach before. We are planning on going this summer. I hope I can earn some extra cash to help with that.

Carrie G. said...

Funny, I'm doing something similar, but much more painstaking - we're anticipating going to Disney next summer (2013) and we have a family of five, but two of our kids count as adults. We want to stay for eight days. That said, I am paying myself a $25 Disney Shop/Dine/Stay/Play gift card for every week that I sell $250, and a $50 card for every week that I sell at least $400. I plan to tuck a little away from side jobs/consignment/tax return as well so that by next summer, we should be good to go :)

Good luck on reaching you goal; it sounds very obtainable at the rate you are going :)

beckyp said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. About your question regarding peek a blocks. I normally do not buy them I think ebay is flooded with them and you have to price low to get rid of them. I only got them because they were so cheap at the thrift store